Friday, June 06, 2008

full time doctor

Hello all!!
It's been a crazy couple of months for me...I finished my very last final EVER a little over two weeks ago- no more classes, midterms, or finals week! I'm so happy to be done with classes- since I've been in school for soooo long.

So I finished classes and then three days later I started full time in the clinic. What a change to move from a few hours a week of seeing patients to being there every day all day long. Right now the fourth years (ME!!!) are in clinic extra days because the third years get a two week break. Next week they'll cut our schedule back a little bit since the third years will begin working too. It seems like just yesterday when I was seeing my first patient:)

The first week in clinic was absolutely crazy...it was really hard to adjust to being in clinic full time. We have five different depts in clinic and we have two four hour shifts everyday- so we get shuffled between the different depts and different staff doctors. That has been a little tricky to adjust to as well as each staff doctor and department is particular about the way things are done- so that made me crazy the first week...but now I think I'm finally adjusting:)

Other than that life is pretty normal...I finally don't have to worry about studying anymore when I come home in the evening, I can just sit back and relax and enjoy my evening. Which is good because the next morning always comes so quickly!!

In mid august I will be packing up my car and moving to Tacoma WA, where I will be doing my next rotation. It will be at Madigan Army base there. I'm really excited about this rotation. I'll be close to Seattle and to home and I will have the weekends off so I can finally visit!

The only bad part about going on rotations is that the whole class splits up and goes different directions:( It's hard to get used to not seeing the same 98 people everyday after 3 years!

Here's a pic of us after our last final a few weeks ago...we had a party on the roof of our parking garage- it was pretty sweet...

And here's some pics from our last banquet as a class- it was at the Reef restaurant down by the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home